Today our tutorial How to Root LG Optimus L3 E400 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread baseband GRK39F firmware version. LG Optimus phones are dead as there is no special features on their Android devices. LG is trying to give tough competition for Samsung and Sony. LG released optimus L3 to compete in budget phone market where already Samsung Galaxy Y and Galaxy Y Duos are holding big chunks. Optimus L3 was priced very competitive with Galaxy Y and most of users who wanted something else than popular Galaxy Y went for L3. Optimus L3 featured an 800 MHz Processor with 350MB RAM. It was running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and featured LG UI 3.0. For users of this phone who want to root it and make it much better by removing unwanted stock apps to free some internal memory storage.Warning: Rooting the LG Optimus L3 E400 will voids the warranty and we are not responsible if the device is damage during flashing process.
1. In this process you may lose the data, apps and settings. Here we have the list you have to backup such as SMS, Contacts, Images, Audios, Videos, Call Logs, Bookmarks, Wi-Fi, APN as well as MMS settings etc. Late the backup files will help you in restoring them back into your device. You can also use Titanium backup the data along with the apps on your device.
2. Minimum 70% of charged battery is required to accomplish this rooting procedure. Somehow if it stuck or turns off due to power issues than then you will be in great mess.
3. Disable or remove the security suites such as antivirus or firewall from your Computer and LG device so that they won’t interrupt the procedure.
4. Go through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and turn on to Enable USB Debugging option.
5. Download and Install USB drivers for LG Optimus L3 E400 in PC from here.
Steps and Procedure to Root LG Optimus L3 E400:
1. Download the rooting script tool for your specific Operating System OS. Choose the one you use Linux/OSX from here and Windows from here.
2. Once download is finished extract the zip file with WinZip or WinRAR on your PC.
3. After extraction is completed. Open the folder there you will see a file name with run.bat.
4. You need to run the file ‘run.bat’ on Windows by double clicking it. A dialog window will be opened it prompts you to connect the device to PC.
5. Then, you need to connect your LG Optimus L3 E400 to the Computer via USB data cable.
6. Press any key to continue for starting the rooting process.
Note: In case you are using Linux Operating System or OSX then you need to execute ‘run.sh’ file using the terminal.
7. Once the file has been executed successfully your LG optimus L3 E400 device will reboot and you can see superuser SU icon will appear in apps list. If you want to confirm whether your device is rooted or not. For that go to Google Play store download root checker app and verify the root access.