Finally we found the tutorial How to Install CyanogenMod 9 CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS custom Firmware rom update on Motorola Defy Plus. Motorola Defy+ Plus is a rigid Android Smartphone from telecom giant Motorola. They have done pretty fine with this phone but we are not much impressed with battery. The phone is totally water and dust resistant. For people who work on very dirty atmosphere or keep throwing and dropping their phone here and there can go for this phone. Recently, XDA dev forum member has launched Android 4.0.4 ICS custom ROM for Defy Plus and it is not official yet still in beta stage. This custom developed ROM is based on CyanogenMod 9 which can be installed manually, most of the things are working. Being based on AOKP this ROM is fast and performing nice with battery as well. You just need to root your Defy plus on current firmware which you are currently running and also install Custom Recovery too.
Warning: Be careful while following the methods and procedures mentioned in this article, as they can completely damage your phone or brick it for which neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility.
Let see which features will work on this latest firmware rom version. Wi-Fi connection runs good with no more frequent disconnections, camera with panorama mode, plays 720p videos without any lagging.
1. The methods and steps mentioned in this article are only meant for Motorola Defy Plus users. Trying them on any other device or any other model of Motorola may produce un-desired outputs.
2. Please charge your device so that there is at least 70% charge with it, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
3. You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
4. Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your respective Motorola Defy Plus from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Steps and Procedure to update Motorola Defy+ with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
1. Download the latest ICS for the Motorola Defy + plus from here and Google Apps package from here to your computer. Copy both the files and place them on the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
2. Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, press the Volume Down + Power buttons together for few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu.
Note: After entering into recovery mode you should wipe the cache Partition & must wipe Data/Factory reset. If you done above two things then procedure for next step.
3. Now, from the Recovery Menu select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the firmware package you’ve downloaded and placed on the SD card.
4. After the firmware is installed you will be taken back to the Recovery Menu, repeat the same procedure to flash the Google Apps Package. That is, “install zip from sdcard” -> “choose zip from sdcard” and then browse to the Gapps package from your SD card.
5. When the Google Apps Package has been successfully flashed, return back to the Recovery Menu and select “reboot system now” to reboot your system and land into the new installed ICS firmware.
That’s it; you’ve successfully updated your Motorola Defy+ with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. Share your joy with us or let us know if you have any issue, we are here to find a solution for the same.