Today our tutorial How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS. Samsung Galaxy Y is one of the entry level budget Android Gingerbread device and already sold millions of pieces all over the world. We are here by providing the detailed guide to root Samsung Galaxy Y. Galaxy Y has a little advantage because it has unlocked bootloader and recovery open by default this makes it lot easier to root. You just need to download and package and flash it using the recovery to get the root user access and SuperSU installed. There are many cool custom ROM's available for Galaxy Y that you can install after rooting your device. Do not forget to create a backup of your current ROM using recovery.
Warning: Rooting will voids the warranty. Moreover we are not responsible if your device is damaged or bricked.
1. This process requires at least 70% battery life to accomplish it.
2. You must take the backup of the following data such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) settings etc. After creating backup of your data you can also restore them.
3. You should disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall whatever installed on your Computer and in Galaxy Y. As these may cause interruption during the process due to security issue on your system/device.
4. Navigate yourself to the place / option where you can Enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Y device through this path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to check the USB Debugging option at the end.
5. Also tick mark and enable Settings->Security-> Unknown sources.
Steps and Rooting Procedure for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
1. Download the working Root Package update.zip file from here in to your PC.
2. Then, you need to connect your Galaxy Y to the Computer via USB data cable and copy the downloaded update.zip file to the root of the Phone SD card storage.
3. Once you have done with that, you can unplug the device from your Computer.
4. Now turn off the device. Again press and hold Volume up + Home buttons together and Power On the device simultaneously till you see the stock recovery mode in the blue screen.
5. Once you entered into stock recovery mode select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from SD card’ to browse the SD card and select update.zip file to flash it on your device. For confirmation you need to select ‘Yes’.
6. The whole process may take around 5 minutes. Wait till it finishes without disturbing it.
7. When it finish flashing the Root package, you need to select the ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return to the main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
8. The device will be loaded into Android OS there you can see Super SU application in the apps list. If u want to install third party BusyBox apk on your device download it from here.