Here goes quick tutorial how to unroot Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS. On previous article we gone through rooting the Galaxy Y S5360 easily without any problems. You all know rooting has both advantages and the same time disadvantages too. Benefits of rooting the device, you can control over Android OS behalf of that it allows you to customize and modify the kernel settings according to your taste with the help of superuser su application. But one disadvantage of rooting is it voids the warranty of the device. So you will never claim the warranty back once the device is rooted. Don’t worry we have solution for this a guy in xda forum member developed a simple script file which will going to unroot and get the warranty back.
1. Backup the data like contacts, call log, sms and apps. Nothing will happen to the device it’s just a safey measure in case something may happen unexpectedly.
2. Charge the device battery to 70%.
3. Go to ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and tick mark to turn on and Enable USB Debugging option.
Steps and Procedure How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
1. Download unroot.zip file package from here to your PC.
2. Now connect the device to PC and copy the downloaded unroot.zip file into Phone SD card storage.
3. Disconnect the phone from computer when file copying was finished.
4. It’s time to switch off the device. Now press and hold Volume Up + Home buttons together simultaneously and Power on the device. Once you see the stock recovery mode in the display screen then release those buttons.
5. In recovery mode select the “apply sdcard:update.zip” option and choose the unroot.zip file which you already copied into the phone SD storage in step 2.
7. Once process will be completed go back to main recovery screen and select reboot option in order to reboot the device