Now we have simple tutorial how to Install Official Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTM Firmware update manually on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 recently got a Galaxy SIII like ROM. But Galaxy Ace users who are not interested in rooting their device and using Custom ROM rely over Official Firmware. It looked like Samsung has forgotten some of its Phone that is out of top notch league but they have entertained Galaxy Ace user well with the new Android 2.3.6 XWKTM Firmware. It doesn’t matter from which region or country you came from, every Galaxy ace users on the globe can install it very easily. We came with a detailed Tutorial that will help you with upgrading Galaxy Ace S5830 to latest Android 2.3.6 build if you have missed the OTA update or Kies. You will need to flash the firmware using Odin. We suggest a full device backup before you go ahead.Pre-Requisites:
1. The Methods and steps mentioned in this guide are only for the users who own original Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Please do not try these methods on other model of Samsung like Galaxy Ace S5830I or any other device.
2. You should charge your device so that there is at least 70% charge with your device, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
3. Please backup all essential data’s on your phone, as these data’s might get lost during the process.
4. Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Steps and Procedure Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 2.3.6 Official update:
1. Download Odin flashing tool from here and XWKTM 2.3.6 firmware update package for Samsung Galaxy Ace from here to your PC. Extract all the downloaded files your PC. In
2. Open Odin application and reboot your phone so as to enter it in Download Mode. For this you need to Press and hold Volume Down + Center Ok + Power buttons together for few seconds. Once you see below image android robot in triangular field then you can release the buttons.
3. Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable. On successful connection you can see that the ID: COM section in Odin has turned Yellow color.
4. Click on “OPS” button the select “Cooper_v1.0.ops” and then tick mark it. Now go to “One Package” option choose the “S5830XWKTM_S5830OXXKT3_S5830XWKT7_HOME.tar.md5” file from your PC.
Make sure that you must tick mark all three options One Package, Auto Reboot and Protect OPS. See the below image you will get clear idea.
5. Now, click on “Start” button to begin the flashing of the file you've chosen in the previous Step. The flashing process will take 5 minutes or more to complete. As soon as the flashing has completed your phone will automatically reboot and you will get a “Pass” message in Odin.
6. Disconnect your phone from the PC on successful completion of the flashing.
7. Once again reboot your phone, this time to enter it in Recovery Mode. You must Press and hold the Volume Up + Power + Ok buttons for a while.
8. Now, from the Recovery Menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” then select “Wipe Cache Partition” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your system.
9: Your phone will reboot now. First time booting up may take 5 minutes or more so patient.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Ace to Official Android 2.3.6. Share your queries with us, so that we can provide you solution for the same.