Have you looking for how to install Official Android 4.0 ICS Update on Sony Xperia Arc LT15i / Arc S LT18i. Both Sony Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i were some nice second generation Android Smartphones from Sony. As new ones the third generation has already arrived like Xperia Sola and Xperia S Sony seemed to have lost interest in older devices. Sony says that we have done very hard work to bring ICS update to their phones without any bugs and problems. After lots of request from customer and fans Sony has released Official Final release of Android 4.0 ICS firmware for few of their devices. Xperia Arc and Arc S customer can now enjoy latest Android version on their device. Sony Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i has already been updated by OTA but if you have missed it then you can update manually for every region using the below detailed procedure. We have also included the rooting procedure for guys who will want to root their device on ICS.Disclaimer: Carefully follow the below mentioned methods and procedures as they can damage your phone. Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible.
Below you can look at image both phones are running at official android 4.0.3 firmware version. We are hoping that sony will release android 4.0.4 version within few months for Xperia Arc LT15i and Arc S LT18i.
1. The methods and procedures discussed here in should only be applied to Sony Xperia Arc / Arc S; they should not be applied to any other device or any other model of Sony.
2. Please charge your device so that at least 70% charge is there with it, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
3. You need Backup all essential data’s on your phone, as they may be lost during the process.
4. Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB debugging in your Sony Xperia Arc / Arc S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Install Flashtool for Both Phones
1. Download the Flashtool for windows OS edition v0.8.0.0 (MD5: 46E588451662ABA6D1B550FE89F87CDA) from here. The file name is flashtool-0.8.0.0-windows.exe and the size will be 129MB.
2. Install the flashtool software on C drive then you will get Folder like C:/flashtool.
3. Again you need to update latest flash tool files from here. Install and it will replace old files with new files in flash tools folder.
4. Now go to C:/FlashTool folder and open again drivers folder, then you will see Flashtool-drivers.exe.
5. Now, run “Flashtool-drivers”, you will see two options displaying “Arc-Play-Neo-Acro ADB Drivers” and “Flashmode Drivers”, select both the options to install the drivers on your PC. You will get one pop-up boxs on the screen; select the Install this Driver Anyway.
Steps and Procedure to Install Official Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) Firmware on Sony Xperia Arc / Arc S:
1. Download Official Android 4.0 ICS Firmware file from Here. The file name will be LT18i_4.1.A.0.562_Generic.ftf and file size will be 367MB.
2. Next copy the downloaded FTF file inside the c:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.
3. Now, click on “FlashTool.exe” to run the tool and select “Flash”option when it displays. Then you have to select “Flashmode” when a window will open and confirm your action by selecting “OK”.
4. Further, select your device model Sony Xperia Arc LT15i or Arc S LT18i. Tick marks all three options "No Final Verification Check, Wipe Data and Wipe Cache".
5. Select “OK” to confirm your action.
6. Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable and hold the “Back” key for a while. This will install Android 4.0 ICS Firmware automatically on your phone. Ignore if you get any errors while flashing.
7. After the installation has completed, disconnect your phone from the PC and reboot it.
That’s it you have successfully installed the latest and Official Android 4.0 ICS Firmware on your phone. Let us know if you have any problems while doing this stuff.