It was the perfect chance for HTC One X users to update their devices with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN83C Firmware version. We have tutorial How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on HTC One X. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has created a lot of ripples on the internet as everyone is eager to download and install Jelly Bean for their phone and tablets. Jelly Bean is faster and more efficient than Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS. Some of the great features are Offline Voice to text support. The new UI is very fast and butter smooth. HTC One X owners can now enjoy JellyBean on their phones and we must say thanks to tgascoigne a xda dev forum member for releasing the SDK port. WI-FI, Camera, Radio and Audio are not working so it is not a problem for people who want all the functionality from the device. This custom ROM is based on the Jelly Bean update released for Galaxy Nexus. Developers are trying to resolve the bugs in the upcoming build versions, and it will take few weeks to get a fully working stable ROM.
Hello users, this custom rom is still in beta stage and it was not the official version developed by HTC company. So it may not function properly on your device. Make sure that keep all this thing kept in mind before flashing the Jelly Bean on your HTC One X phone. Moreover, HTC has made an announcement officially they have created a scheduled list to release the official version of the Jelly Bean update via OTA for some of their devices and also for the most powerful quad core device HTC One X. It will soon arrive globally in mid-September.
Warning: This article is meant for instructional and educational purpose only. Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages caused to your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
1. This instructional guide is only for the users who own original HTC One X. Please do not try this article on any other phone or any other of HTC models.
2. Charge your device so that there are at least 70% or more charge with it, so that there will be Power interruption during the process.
3. Please backup all your valuable data’s on the phone, so that they are not lost during the process.
4. Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your HTC One X from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
6. HTC Sync Drivers must be installed already on your PC. If not installed then you can download it from the official site from here.
Note: Before starting this procedure, your HTC One X device must be unlock bootloader and also rooted on current firmware version. Clockworkmod recovery is also needed for installing the zip files directly from the phone itself.
Steps and Procedure to Install Manually HTC One X with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware Update:
1. Download Jelly Bean Firmware package zip file to your PC from Here.
2. Connect the HTC One X to your PC via USB cable. Then copy the firmware package in the root directory of your phone’s micro SD card.
3. Once the file is copied to your device then disconnect the phone from the PC.
4. It’s time to download once more file named Flash_Boot.zip file on your computer from here. Extract the Flash_Boot.zip file when it was downloaded.
5. Well you need to unzip Downloaded Firmware Package “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne_4.zip” on your PC. After you will get boot.img file.
6. Now Copy boot.img file into Flash_Boot folder which you got in step 4. Then you will get total 4 files in that folder.
7. Switch off the device and reboot your phone so as to enter it in Bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together, so that the device is entered in “FASTBOOT” mode by selecting the option. You can use volume buttons for navigation. Then connect your phone to the computer.
8. Open flash boot folder which you extracted in your PC in Step 4. Double Click flash-boot-windows.bat file in order to run the application.
9. Wait for some time the kernel will be flashed within few minutes in your device.
10. Now, press the Power button and select the BOOTLOADER option present and select the “Recovery” option to enter the device in the clockwordmod Recovery mode.
11. Now, from the Recovery Menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” option and then select “Wipe Cache partition” option.
12. In the ClockworkMod Recovery, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne.zip” from the SD card you’ve placed.
13. After the installation process has completed, the phone will be booted into new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
That’s it, you have successfully installed the Jellybean 4.1 firmware package on your HTC One X. Share your thoughts or let us know your problems, we are here to resolve the same by all possible ways.