Here is another quick tutorial How to Install Manual Android 4.0.4 Firmware Update on Motorola Razr XT 910. Motorola Razr XT 910 is a great Android Smartphone from Motorola. The music is awesome beside that you will love the Motoblur UI. Motorola released an Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS firmware update for Razr XT910 Brazil users a week ago, but many users missed it. Brazil people got this ICS update officially and its firmware version number is dubbed as 651.167.3370.XT910. This OTA update is not yet officially released for all countries but you can install this update manually on your device. Motorola wants to release this official update for other regions too but we don’t know the exact release date when this update will be going to available for all Razr XT 910 devices. This is just to compete with other new Android 4.0 ICS equipped phones launching in the market. This is a recovery flash able version of the firmware. You just need a rooted Moto Razr with Custom recovery installed and then you can install the firmware. We have created a detailed guide so that you can install the update easily with the guidance.
Warning: Please proceed with this article at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility or liability if you damage your phone following the methods and steps mentioned in this article.
Note: Make sure that you device is rooted on Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 and also installed clockworkmod recovery on your device. If you done above steps then you can directly apply this update without any problems.
1. You should apply the methods and steps mentioned in this article only on Motorola Razr XT910. Trying the steps mentioned in this article on any other device or any other model of Motorola may produce undesired results.
2. Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
3. Please backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
4. Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your Motorola Razr from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Steps and Procedure to Update Motorola Razr XT910 to Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware:
1. Download the firmware package from here on your PC. The file name is blur_version.651.167.3370.xt910.brasil.en.br.zip and size will be 347MB.
2. Connect your device with PC via USB Data Cable. Copy that downloaded zip file into SD card of your device.
3. Disconnect the phone from PC and Reboot your phone to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, Press and hold the Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons together for few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu. You will see a triangular robot press the Volume buttons once to confirm entering into Recovery.
4. In Recovery Menu you need to select "Wipe data/factory reset" and also select "Wipe Cache partition". It will delete your phone data like sms, contacts and apps.
5. Now, from the Recovery Menu, select “install update from sdcard” with the help Volume buttons and Power button to confirm selection.
6. Choose the “Blur_Version.651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR.zip” file in your SD card device.
7. After the installation process has completed, your phone will automatically reboot.
8. Now, install OTA root keeper to restore root from here.
That it, you have successfully upgraded your Motorola Razr Smartphone with Android 4.0.4 ICS. Share your joy with us or let us know your issues, we will help you in resolving the same.