Forgot about Cyanagenmod 9; it’s time to install Cyanogenmod 10 on Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Here is the tutorial how to Install Cyanogenmod 10 (CM 10) Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S I9000. Galaxy S is the Android phone that helped Samsung to gain its top place in the mobile phone market. Samsung Galaxy S owners have enjoyed the Official CM 9 ICS 4.0.4 roms few months ago and now they can enjoy the unofficial Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release. Developers have managed to port Android Jelly Bean to Galaxy S but there are little bugs. Samsung Galaxy S is being the first Single Core Processor device to get the Jelly Bean port. Developers are working to optimize Jelly Bean for Single Core and resolve the bugs but it may take some weeks.
XDA dev forum member mkalter has developed this custom ROM that can be easily flashed to Galaxy S using CWM recovery. There are few more projects working simultaneously to bring stable Jelly Bean roms to Galaxy S. CyanogenMod 10 is under development and it will be the best Jelly Bean custom ROM option for Galaxy S users. Most of the features like Touchscreen, GPU, capacitive keys and hardware keys, Butter Smooth UI, USB port, Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, Camera and external SD card are working fine. After installing the rom there you can see devil kernel config app. Open it and change the Ram from 377 MB to 403 MB. Google Now virtual voice assistant is fabulous; it recognizes our accent very quickly. Look at below images where I have taken from my device.
Warning: Do it at your own risk. We are not responsible if any thing happens to device either brick or damage.
1. All the important data present in your Samsung Galaxy S i9000 must be backup before starting the actual update so that the data won’t be corrupted or lost, which generally happens during any update process. Keeping this in mind, please backup the SMS, Call Logs, Images, Contacts, Videos, Songs, APN and MMS Settings.
2. Required minimum battery charge should be 70%. Less than this won’t be sufficient for you to complete the process successfully.
3. Please disable or uninstall the security suites such as firewall, antivirus or Samsung KIES from your Computer or device to avoid interruption during the update.
4. You also need to Enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S i9000. For that your need to follow the path mentioned - ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ then tick the USB Debugging option.
5. In the beginning, you need to disable the SIM Card Lock on your Galaxy S. For that you need to follow the path Settings > location and Security > Sim card lock and don’t check the tick mark the checkbox.
6. In case, if your Galaxy S is running on Gingerbread or in some older ROM then you need to flash the new update and root it.
7. Make sure that your device must be rooted and install clockworkmod recovery mode. I know most of the users already running custom roms. Most of them are pre-rooted and custom recovery mode on it.
Steps and Procedure to Install and update Samsung Galaxy S i9000 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Step 1. Download below Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware Update firmware package and google apps package. Both files are in zip format. No need to extract them.
Rom file cm10_devil-V8.zip from here. file size is 142 Mb
Addon file cm10_addons_devil-V8b.zip from here. size will be 94 MB
Note: Above current version is 8, still they working to get stable JB rom . You come here daily check latest updates of rom files.
2. After downloading them, Connect your device to PC via USB cable. And Copy both files into Phone SD card storage.
3. Then, turn off your Galaxy device to reboot into the custom recovery mode. For which you need to press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button together until you see the turn on screen on your device.
4. Once you get into the recovery mode, wipe your data from device by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache Partition’.
5. After the completion of wiping process, select the ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ choose the downloaded cm10_devil-V8.zip file from the SD card. It will some time for flashing so be patience.
6. When you flash the rom file. Again, go back to main menu recovery mode. Select “install zip from SD card”, choose Addon file cm10_addons_devil-V8b.zip file this time.
7. Now go to advanced and select the fix permissions option. That’s it if you done above steps correctly then proceed for further step.
8. Select the ‘+++Go Back+++’ option and then select the ‘restart system now’ to reboot your device and enjoy the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.